Friday 19 April 2013

Floral District Inspiration Station

Last October I was asked by Julie Kettlewell to create an Inspiration Station to display at our quarterly training day.  She asked me to showcase the Floral District Designer papers and fabrics and Betsy's Blossoms stamp set.  I spent a couple of weeks making lots of projects as I really wanted to make the most of these products, try new techniques and really push myself to make a really inspirational display.  I had lots of help from my friend and upline Alex Spence who made the gorgrous 3D cards and kept me company over several intensive crafting sessions!
Here is the full display - thanks to Alex for the use of her wine boxes which I have borrowed many times since!
The fabric bags I made using a pattern from the internet - even with my basic sewing machine skills I managed to knock up these two in about an hour by follwing a YouTube video!

A tealight holder box, one of Alex's 3D cards and my handstamped candles



These owls were made using a pattern I found online and look great with the Floral District fabric and some scraps of trouser fabric I found.


This butterfly canvas is so quick and easy to make with the Elegant Butterfly punch. 


I cut leaves out of the Floral District papers using the Autumn accents die and hot-glued them onto brances to make a lovely paper tree!


I take this rosette wreath with me to all my events and it always attracts lots of comments!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention Kylie, and I really enjoyed helping you out with this stamp set and papers for the inspiration station. I got some good ideas using it, and loved the 3D cards I made.

    ReplyDelete