Thursday 7 February 2013

Male card - chalkboard effect

So I've seen lots of cards online using this chalkboard technique and decided to have a go myself.  After a few attempts I managed to create one I am pleased with.

I have created this card is for my Stepdad Rob's birthday which was this week!  Happy Birthday Rob!


I really love the stamp which is from the set From My Heart. The stamps have some lovely quotes and phrases and have beautiful vintage details.  They lend themselves really well to masculine cards which is great because I struggle with getting ideas for these. 


The technique involves stamping with versamark ink (a sticky clear ink) onto black card and then heat embossing with white embossing powder. I smudged a little white ink over to add to the chalky effect.

The background is embossed with the new Honeycombe embossing folder and the Big Shot, and the Baja Breeze ribbon give it just a little dash of colour.


Supplies used:
Stamps: From my Heart
Ink: Versamark, Whisper White for sponging
Card: Basic Black, Basic Grey, Whisper White
Ribbon: Baja Breeze Seam Binding
Punches: Modern Label Punch
Other equipment: Honeycombe Embossing Folder, Oval Framelit Dies


No comments:

Post a Comment