Thursday 14 February 2013

Love is in the air!

Hello again!  Today I wanted to share some valentines creations.  I gathered so many great ideas for love cards this year, and had planned to make a big boxful to take to work to sell to my colleagues.  But as usual I spent so much time looking at pictures of other people's cards on the internet and pinterest, that I ran out of time to actually make any for myself!!  Does anyone else do that?  Please don't say I'm the only one!!

But I did manage to make a card for my husband Paul.  Actually I made three!

The first one I rejected straight away - I don't like it.  I'm no perfectionist but this is too wonky even for my standards!  And I feel I ruined the simple but effective design by stamping the heart over the sentiment - I thought it looked better without that extra detail.


For the second card I went for a 'clean and simple' design.  The stamp is from the set You Are Loved and I heat embossed it with black embossing powder giving it a raised glossy effect.  I think the red butterfly adds just enough colour, but does it make it too feminine?



My third card I have called Heart-tastic! It uses mainly products from the Spring/Summer catalogue, including More Amore papers, Hearts a Flutter stamp set and framelits, and the Honeycomb embossing folder. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Banners.




So, now to decide which one I'll give to Paul!

Happy Valentine's day to you!

Kylie x





No comments:

Post a Comment